Werum IT Solutions is the world’s leading supplier of manufacturing execution systems (MES) and manufacturing IT solutions for the pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical industries. Werum's PAS-X out-of-the-box software product is operating in approximately 800 installations of the world’s pharmaceutical and biotech companies. Manufacturing IT products from Werum IT Solutions help pharmaceutical manufacturers increase efficiency, improve productivity, and meet regulatory requirements. Founded in 1969, Werum IT Solutions is present at its headquarters in Lüneburg, Germany, and at numerous other locations in Europe, America and Asia.
The collaboration on the joint solution complements ABB's control systems offering with the latest MES technology, which is seen as a key component for efficient production workflows in the life science industry. By bringing together both offerings, ABB and Werum IT Solutions will be able to deliver full scope engineering and validation solutions according to the GAMP5 guideline, and comply with regulations, such as FDA (21 CFR part 11).
Our MES capabilities include:
- Production order management: ensuring effective, flexible and reliable order execution including bi-directional integration of enterprise resource planning (ERP) with the plant floor, comprehensive workflow management and an up to date production order status overview.
- Quality management: in-process quality control supporting the operators by enforcing quality and compliance measures and keeping track of any deviation from the product, process, procedure or specifications.
- Weigh & dispense: improved productivity, safety and accuracy of weighing operations by guiding operators with intuitive, user friendly instructions.
- Material management: enabling full control and transparency of materials from raw material reception to intermediates and finished goods including complete product traceability and genealogy.
- Warehouse management: better utilization of storage space, accurate and up-to-the-minute quantity and location data, transparency of material movements in and between the storage areas and elements in the production.
- Standard operating procedures (SOPs) – bringing consistency to manual operations by guiding the operator through each step with the required production and safety instructions and checks.
- Paperless manufacturing – electronic batch record.
Key benefits include:
- Greater visibility and control of activities, materials and resources
- Reduced lead time and production costs
- Increased production throughput and product quality
- Improved labor utilization, reduced inventory levels, higher quality
- Reduced efforts involved in regulatory compliance
- Improved agility and speed for new product introduction and responsiveness for changes in customer or market demand.
- Reduced environmental impact by lowering energy consumption through process improvements.
- Lower manufacturing costs and improved efficiency by optimizing the manufacturing process.