Low-voltage, shockproof circuit breakers
A modern ship’s operational ability is fully dependent on its onboard electrical infrastructure. Over the years, the growth in the number of electrically powered subsystems on a typical naval vessel has made this infrastructure ever more complex and extensive, and has led to a steady increase in power requirements.
Since the 1950s, ABB has been manufacturing circuit breakers with special features not available on the same series of equipment destined for general use. Based on this long experience, ABB is proud to offer a new family of circuit breakers for naval applications.
The circuit breakers of ML series.
The low-voltage electrical distribution plants inside the modern ship are driven by these following growing need:
- Ensure service continuity by minimizing the time needed to identify and isolate faults
- Guarantee space optimization
- Optimize energy efficiency by analysing energy consumption.
SACE ML circuit breakers effectively and simply control naval electrical installations with the highest availability and continuity of service.
ML series features enhancements to the standard circuit breaker that guarantees operation under stressful conditions:
- Shock resistance up to 20g ( IEC 60068-2-27 and BR8470)
- High temperatures and humidity range in a saline atmosphere; ML circuit breakers can be used in ambient conditions where air temperature varies between -25 °C and +70 °C (-13 °F and +158 °F)
- Presence of vibrations that are persistent and have a high amplitude in specific frequency ranges