Programming and commissioning software
Ekip Connect is a software designed to exchange data with one or more protection trip units, which:
- Assists commissioning of the system; all system parameters and protection thresholds can be rapidly set on Ekip trip units thanks to the easy and intuitive navigation pages of the software.
- Permits rapid access to diagnostics; it is possible to consult and download the records of events, alarms and the tripping of the trip units, thereby facilitating the identification and understanding of the anomalies.
- Enables testing of the communication network; Ekip Connect performs an automatic scan of Modbus RS-485 or Modbus TCP network and determines whether the circuit breakers have been correctly connected. In case of errors, it signals incorrect configurations of the communication parameters (address, baud rate, parity).
Ekip Connect distinctive characteristics are:
- Integration with DOC electrical design software; adjustments and settings calculated by DOC software can be downloaded directly into the protection trip units, thereby reducing commissioning times and the probability of errors.
- Ease of connection: Ekip trip units equipped with Modbus TCP Ekip COM modules can be controlled directly by EtherNet network.
- Multi-media: Ekip Connect is designed to operate on a PC or even on tablet, PCs and smart phones.
- Automatic updating from Internet; if connected to Internet, software is able to constantly control the availability of any updates.
When Ekip Connect is used in conjunction with test and programming unit Ekip T&P, additional functionalities are enabled. Pre-set and customizable tests on trip units can be performed and test report can be readily available and downloaded.