Solving automotive routing temperature issues
Modern engine design has continually evolved to meet changing times. Global regulations such as Euro 6, USA10 and Tier 4 for off-highway heavy duty vehicles have mandated that manufacturers reduce emission levels. This required reduction, along with changes to engine design to improve safety, reduce noise and improve efficiency, have resulted in higher engine temperatures and led to the automotive industry actively looking for a complete and effective solution to protect the wiring and connectors in their engines.
Harnessflex have responded to market demand, by creating it’s new range of high temperature conduits and fittings, designed to operate at temperatures up to 200°C. Created from the outset for use as a full system, the range is made from specialist co-polyester and polyamide respectively, that provide long-term heat, age, tensile, and impact strength to protect vital cable connections. The system has endured long term heat age testing to ensure consistent performance.
Features & Benefits
- High temperature range (up to 200ºC) of conduit and fittings - offering greater protection for wiring
- Very high flexibility & fatigue life, with protection from heat, abrasion, vibration and automotive fluids in all harness routing areas
- High temperature Polyamide fittings
- High temperature Co-Polyester conduit
- UL94 V2 certified fittings
- Tested for tensile and impact strength Harnessflex TempGuard allows increased usage of components at higher engine temperatures, due to:
– Turbo use
– Increased engine efficiency
– Reduced noise