Oil & Gas - Downstream applications
The term downstream relates to the processing and delivery of finished carbon related product to the end-user. This covers a whole range of applications from refining to petrol stations.
All the stages in the downstream operation have different requirements to ensure safety of personnel and the quality of the end product. Kopex-Ex products are often used in this area and are designed for easy maintenance. There is also a range of instrumentation boxes either with standard configurations or custom built to meet the end-users’ requirements, all of which are essential within a refinery where sensors play a key part on the process to ensure quality.
- Continual Movement (CCTV)
- Extreme ambient temperature
- Protection level
- Consequence of down time
- Approval level required (Ex e, Ex d, etc.)
- Approval specification required ATEX, IECEx, UL, GOST, etc.
- Where product will be positioned, e.g. Zone 1 or Zone 2