The best choice for surface-mounted installation
Impressivo surface-mounted products have the best installation capacity on the market. The products have been developed together with electrical installers, paying special attention to the installation space and the ease of installation. As a part of the standard equipment the switches include x-terminals and the socket outlets include branching connectors.
The range of surface-mounted products includes all central surface-mounted switches, socket outlets, surface-mounting boxes and accessories. The surface-mounting boxes can be used for the installation of antenna and RJ45 accessories, for example. All products are available in three Impressivo colors: white, aluminum and anthracite. All products are delivered fully assembled.
Splash-proof installation using surface-mounted accessories
In addition to surface-mounted products, the Impressivo product range includes accessories with which flush-mounted accessories can be installed on the surface as individual products or in combinations. Additionally, switches, push buttons and socket outlets can be installed splash-proof following the instructions below.
- If there is a flush mounting box behind the surface installation, the bottom of the surface installation box can be opened to increase the height of the box for higher devices, such as dimmers.Please note, that if the bottom of a surface-mounted box is removed or knock-out inlets are opened, the installation is no longer splash proof.
- There are knock-outs for cables on all sides of the surface mounting frame.
- Please note that the water-tightness of the center plate used determines the water-tightness of the installation. Only devices with an IP44 center plate available can be splash-proof.
- When making a water-protected installation (IP44), the cable can be led from any direction through the surface mounting frame, but the wires will always have to be installed into the surface mounting box through the bottom and bent in a way that ensures all water is led out of the box.
- Switches and push buttons can be upgraded to splash-proof IP44 by replacing the existing rocker frame with a screw-mounted rocker frame. Socket outlets become IP44 when a center plate with a hinged lid is installed.