Surge Protection Devices
SPD Class I
OVR type 1 and type 1+2 are designed to discharge high current surges without any destruction of the installation. This surge protective device is chararcterized by its capacity to withstand impulse current with 10/350 µs wave form which simulate direct impact coming from a natural lightning current. Type 1 and Type 1+2 SPDs are placed at the entrance point of the installation, in the main distribution board for a global protection of this installation.
- The impulse current of 25kA per pole (10/350 µs wave) satisfies all requirements for overvoltage surge protection
- The early creation of the electric arc by its electronic ignition device reduces the protection level Up to an optimum value of 2,5kV
- OVR T1 SPDs contain a dedicated arc chamber for extinguishing the electrical arc following the discharge, they can open short circuits up to 50kA without using back up protection.
- limp 25kA and 12.5kA
- 3 types of follow current (If) 50, 15 and 7kA
- Spark gap and varistor technology