S800-SCL-SR is ABB’s innovative self-resetting current limiting module which considerably increases the short-circuit breaking capacity of downstream manual motor starters and high performance MCBs.
The S800-SCL-SR is a self-resetting short-circuit current-limiter. The major advantage of S800-SCL-SR is the ability for continuous group protection. The S800-SCL-SR protects all downstream devices up to 100kA. In case of a fault current in one of the motor circuits the resulting short-circuit current is limited and only the faulty branch is cut off. After the downstream device has tripped, the S800-SCL-SR contacts re-close automatically. All other downstream devices continue to operate without interruption.
- Maximum system availability by automatic re-closing of the limiter contacts after fault clearing
- Selectivity and back-up protection in one device
- Upgrades systems up to 100kA
- High voltage range up to 690V AC
- Group protection without interruption
IEC Version available on 1, 2, 3 poles
IEC/UL Version available in 3 pole
HV version available in 3 pole
Combined with S800S-B/C/D/K/KM, MS/MO325, MS/MO132, MS132-T