OVR WT 3L 690 P TS
Keep the wind turbine running
Actual variable-speed wind turbines are equipped with PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) controlled inverters using IGBT or IGCT in order to regulate their output voltage and frequency. These technologies, if not filtered properly, generate peak transient overvoltages surperimposed on the PWM control voltage. It is therefore necessary to use SPDs with a specific withstand to these PWM, the repetitive peak voltage withstand characteristics (Urp), on the lines between the converter and the generator either in Doubly-Fed or Full-Converter electrical drive train. That’s why ABB provides OVR WT Surge Protective Device to keep the system running and reduces downtime events by protecting close to the rotor bearing and to the converter.
- Better return on investment for end user!, thanks to high protection features the wind turbine can produce more energy even in stormy conditions allowing at the same time the end customer to earn more!
- Preventive maintenance! Thanks to the auxiliary contact option, end user can monitor if the SPD is still operating or not.
- Fast and safe maintenance! No need to replace the complete product when SPD reaches its end of life. Thanks to the pluggable feature, cartridges can be replaced without isolating the wires.
- Last but not least: Cartridge locks included to ensure correct positioning of the plug in part. Thus, we ensure unwanted unplugging of the cartridges due to the vibrations induced by the application, especially when the SPD is installed on the wind turbine generator itself.
- Type 1 and Type 2
- Full protection: association of MOVs and spark gap able to withstand repetitive peak voltages (Urp) up to 3400 V
- Taught Maximal continuous operating voltage Uc up to 1260V (P-G) and 2520 V (P-P)
- Complies with IEC 61643-1/ IEC 61643-11