“Digital Audio Broadcasting” (DAB) is a technology that will eventually replace the older FM band as the new transmission standard.
An increasing number of European countries are transitioning to DAB+ and have begun to roll-out new digital stations. The roll-out specifics will vary from country to country.
General advantages of DAB+ for the listener:
- Large variety of stations
- Perfect sound quality thanks to a more efficient use of available bandwidth
- Digital reception, with or without the Internet
- Noise-free transmission without annoying frequency searches
- Additional services such as weather and traffic information, in the form of text and images