ABB Retrofitting kit
Direct Replacement New Emax moving portion in Old Emax Fixed Part.
With no modifications to be made to your existing switchgear, retrofitting kits are a cost effective solution to upgrade your electrical system. The direct replacement retrofitting kit allows a very fast and reliable upgrade of the old Emax to New Emax Range.
In the field of low voltage circuit-breakers, ABB ensures operating continuity between the previous series of its apparatus and those currently in production, by studying special solutions to replace old breakers with new ones, with minimal disruptions to the existing system.
It is now possible to replace the old series of Emax circuit breakers, from E1 to E6, in withdrawable version with the recent series of circuit New Emax by using the newly designed direct replacement retrofitting kit.
A dedicated moving part has been created starting from the new circuit breaker in order to replicate the main and auxiliary circuit of the Old Emax.
The result is a new New Emax moving part able to be inserted into the existing old Emax fixed part, maintaining the original connections in the switchgear.
With this solution, there is no need to manage any dismantling operation of the existing fixed parts of the Emax breakers: thanks to this special solution the downtime is reduced and limited to the single load.
- Service continuity guarantee.
- Easy to install.
- Reduce the cost of maintenance and spare parts.
- Long availability of the product and its spare parts.
- Conversion wiring already included.
- Guarantee tested solution.
- The New Emax can be equipped with a wide range of accessories.
- Accessories prewired according to the original trip unit (PR111,PR121,PR112,PR122 and PR113, PR123).
- Advanced monitoring system.
- Advanced communication with PR120 D-M, monitoring and power measurement capabilities available on new circuit breaker (with PR122 and PR123).
The kit consists in:
- Special New Emax moving part.
- Dedicated wiring replicating the PR11x solutions.
- Draw out lever.
- Door flange.
- Mechanical signalling of circuit breaker tripped.
- Dedicated anti-insertion lock as for old Emax Fixed Part.
- Lifting plates and withdrawable lever.
Before ordering new Replacement Kit ABB suggest the verification of fixed part status and assess the absence of damage and the correct operation: F.P should present no traces of repulsion, short-circuiting or corroded copper, traces of oxidation or flaking silver-plating, plastic support that houses the studs is not cracked, broken or misshapen and sliding contacts is in a good condition and free to move.
ABB Specialist are available to support or handle in these assessments.