The goal of this course is to learn how to operate the Advant automation system and how to use the Advant operator stations, to understand the system and process alarms. The aim is to reduce decision time by using the marine automation process controls properly.
Upon completion of this course the participants will be able to:
- Understand all process alarms and events.
- Use alarms as fault tracing.
- Optimize equipment use in normal operation.
- Understand and control the automation processes.
- Advant IAMCS philosophy, products overview.
- Systems layout and basic system configurations and setup.
- Connection principles of the input and output signals with an automation system.
- Operator stations and X-Terminals handling through AdvaCommand suite (mimic displays, trend charts, alarms and events).
- Workshop held in classroom.
- Hands-on and exercises on Advant OCS workplaces.
- Fault tracing by identifying issues from abnormalities.