The goal of this course is to train the participants to operate and maintain a vessel propulsion control system by using the training simulator, based on vessel configuration.
Upon completion of this course the participants will be able to:
- Understand the function of the electrical propulsion control system.
- Operate the maintenance station.
- Introduction to ABB Marine Services.
- Electrical propulsion system overview.
- Navigate the maintenance station.
- Local and remote control.
- Operational modes and control modes.
- Protection functions.
- Blackout protection.
- Operational limitations.
- Start interlocks.
- Control system monitoring.
- System structure.
Fault-tracing and troubleshooting:
- Alarm and event handling.
- Instructor-led course.
- Interactive classroom discussions and associated lab exercises.
- Approximately 50% of the course is comprised of hands-on lab activities.