Upon completion of this course, the participants will have an understanding of turbocharging basics and TPL installations on four stroke diesel marine applications, with reference to operation and first level maintenance.
Understanding of turbocharging basics on four stroke diesel marine applications, with reference to interaction between engine and turbocharger, design criteria and operational influencing parameters will be provided.
• Turbocharging principles
• TPL- A/C service concept
• TPL- A/C Monitoring in operation
• TPL- A/C Cleaning in operation
• Turbocharger cartridge concepts
• TPL- A/C Disassembly and assembly (workshop session)
• Main dimensions and measurements, tightening torques
• Interaction between engine and turbocharger
• Influence of ambient conditions on turbocharger
• HFO operation
• Loads on turbocharger components
• Rating plate and design criteria (SIKO)
Classroom lectures and workshop session