ABB recognizes the industry’s focus on safety and reliability and helps meet these goals with the R-MAG® circuit breaker for medium-voltage primary substations. Based on magnetic actuation, the R-MAG has fewer moving parts and is mechanically simpler than breakers with traditional spring mechanisms. The durable R-MAG design and low maintenance requirements have been consistently tested over the past decade in over 10,000 installations.
- Option for Internal Arc Resistant housing tested as per IEEE C37.20.7, Type 2B
- New housing rated NEMA4 for water ingress protection is ready to withstand sleet, snow, heavy ran, storms and wind driven rain impacting the housing at rates of more than 60Gal/min from any direction
- Five-year full warranty
- Reduced maintenance with magnetic actuator and easy plug-and-play actuator circuitry
- Durable design exceeds ANSI C37.06 standard with a rating of 10,000 mechanical or load operations
- 15/27/38 kV rating classes and up to 3,700 A continuous current, up to 40kA interruption level
- Unlimited level of customization in control and protection elements