A compact approach to power management systems using ABB's Relion protection and control devices to realize solutions for small to medium sized industries and critical infrastructure.
The cPMS is intended as 'scale down' approach from ABB's very well accepted System 800xA PMS solution. The cPMS uses a combination of new features and inherent capabilities of Relion based products to realize efficient solutions based on IEC 61850 communication standard for power system automation.
Load-shedding functionality, based on Relion PML630 and other medium voltage products such as 615, 620 and 630 series, Remote IO RIO600 and COM600, is now available as a comprehensive engineered solution from ABB.
- Comprehensive power and under frequency based load-shedding
- Safeguards and provides value for investments
- Ensures high availability of customer processes through a high-performance solution, using the full potential of the IEC 61850 communication standard
- Seamless integration of protection and control, station automation, and power management functionality in medium-voltage switchgear
- Offers increased flexibility and scalability and improved system integration and customization, fulfilling a variety of requirements
- All load-shedding modes enabled and available for use with every device
- Easy system integration using IEC 61850; guaranteed load-shedding command generation time of up to 20 milliseconds from disturbance detection