SMU615 is a dedicated merging unit with a standard digital interface, making it possible to connect ABB sensors and conventional instrument transformers to the IEC 61850-9-2 LE-based process bus for extended interoperability of substation automation devices.
SMU615 provides a physical interface between the primary equipment in the switchgear and the protective devices in the power system. The merging unit measures the current and voltage signals from the instrument transformers, merges and sends them to the protective devices in a standard-based digital output format.
SMU615 fully supports fast GOOSE messaging, IEEE 1588 for high-accuracy time synchronization, sending of sampled measured values over redundant Ethernet communication, and sensors - all of which support the increasing digitalization of substations.
- Dedicated merging unit for IEC 61850 process bus applications
- Communication capabilities with redundant Ethernet solutions - HSR and PRP
- Innovative, safe, cost and energy-saving measuring technology option with a digital interface, making it possible to connect ABB sensors to the IEC 61850-9-2 LE-based process bus
- IEEE 1588 V2 for high-accuracy time synchronization and maximum benefit of substation-level Ethernet communication
- Simplicity with no excess functions included – ready configured for acting as a merging unit in the power system
- Easy-to-use web browser-based HMI
- Compact size and withdrawable plug-in unit design for swift installation and testing
- Part of the Relion® product family