A compact approach to power management systems using ABB's Relion relays and AC800M process controller to realize solutions for small to medium sized industries and critical infrastructure.
The cPMS is intended as 'scaled-down' approach from ABB's very well accepted System 800xA PMS solution. The cPMS uses a combination of new features and inherent capabilities of Relion relays, AC800M, Remote IO to realize efficient solutions based on IEC 61850 communication standard for power system automation.
The different functions offered under cPMS 'suite' of applications include:
- Power generation control
- Voltage control
- Distributed architecture for better reliability, accurate control actions, state-of-the-art features
- Safeguards and provides value for investments
- Reduces unplanned customer process downtimes through a high-performance solution, using the full potential of the IEC 61850 communication standard
- Seamless integration of protection and control, station automation, and power management functionality in medium-voltage switchgear
- Offers increased flexibility and scalability and improved system integration and customization, fulfilling a variety of requirements