This solution is primarily based on a coordinated tap changer control of up to 4 grid transformers in the customer power network in order to maintain the customer power network voltage, using Relion protection and control relays (REX640 or REU615) using IEC 61850 standard for communication and interoperability of substation automation devices.
In case, the power generation control functionality is also deployed, then it can also be deployed to act in a coordinated or independent manner to the main voltage control solution.
IEC 61850 GOOSE communication between the ABB devices ensures that a reliable exchange of signalsrequired for voltage control functionality.
- Single transformer tap-changer control
- Master/follower based automatic control
- Negative reactance and minimal circulating current based
- Important for proper operation for electrical power equipment
- To prevent damage such as overheating of generators and motors
- Enables system to withstand and prevent voltage collapse, caused by sudden increase in load