Load-shedding controller PML630
A dedicated load-shedding controller that prevents power blackouts and outages in power networks
The PML630 is a versatile and freely configurable device that protects industrial, utility and infrastucture power networks with multiple power sources and critical consumers against disturbance-related blackouts and power outages. During a network disturbance, it ensures the availability of power supply for critical process loads by dropping less critical ones in a fast, accurate and selective way. Consequently, the duration and frequency of industrial production and power outages in the distribution network can be minimized, and damage to electrical and process equipment avoided.
- Comprehensive power and under frequency based load-shedding
- Safeguards and provides value for investments
- Ensures high availability of customer processes through a high-performance solution, using the full potential of the IEC 61850 communication standard
- Seamless integration of protection and control, station automation, and power management functionality in medium-voltage switchgear
- Offers increased flexibility and scalability and improved system integration and customization, fulfilling a variety of requirements
- All load-shedding modes enabled and available for use with every device
- Easy system integration using IEC 61850; guaranteed load-shedding command generation time of up to 20 milliseconds from disturbance detection
- Fast load shedding due to loss of single or multiple power sources, disintegration of power network, network or process conditions like rate of change of frequency etc.
- Slow load-shedding based on overload of power sources or maximum demand violation at the power grid tie-line or generator
- Manual load shedding initiated by the operator based on power definition or load-feeder priorities
- Underfrequency load shedding as backup to fast and slow load shedding
- Two to three PML630 devices work together in a distributed manner to handle bigger power networks and fast load shedding
- Supports native IEC 61850 communication protocol, including analog and binary GOOSE messaging for reduced wiring and supervised communication