RIO600 remote I/O units are used to expand digital and analog inputs and outputs when amount of I/O in a protection relay is not sufficient. It also gives additional flexibility in I/O assignment in any power distribution applications. RIO600 has also fault passage indication functionality for grid automation applications where RIO600 indicates faults in feeders in secondary distribution network.
ABB's remote I/O is connected to the protection relays using IEC 61850 GOOSE communication. The design ensures fast communication and at the same time reduces the need for extensive hardwiring. Also Modbus TCP protocol is available for generic connectivity.
- I/O units are used to expand digital and analog inputs and outputs when amount of I/O in a protection relay is not sufficient
- Flexible applications for distribution automation
- State-of-the art fault passage indication fucntionality for grid automation applications
- IEC 61850 station bus to extend the protection and control applications
- Fast real-time communication between protection and control relays and physical input/output