Not active product since 2017
REM610 is a motor protection relay for the protection, measurement and supervision of medium-sized and large asynchronous LV motors and small and medium-sized asynchronous HV motors in the manufacturing and process industry.
REM610 is a member of ABB’s Relion® product family and part of its 610 product series. The series includes protection relays for feeders, motors and for general system voltage supervision. The plug-in design facilitates the commissioning of the switchgear and enables fast and safe insertion and withdrawal of relay plug-in units.
These protection relays can be used with both circuit-breaker and contactor-controlled motor drives in a variety of applications. As these relays are enhanced with an optional add-on card for RTD sensors or thermistor elements, they can be used for direct temperature measurement of critical motor items, such as bearings and windings. They are also used for the protection of cable feeders and distribution transformers, benefiting from thermal overload protection on top of the phase over-current protection, earth-fault protection and phase unbalance protection.
- The compact design makes it suitable for both new and retrofit installations
- Quick and easy routine maintenance thanks to the removable plug-in design
- Complete type test certified by KEMA
- Certificated for marine and off-shore use by Det Norske Veritas (DNV)
- Dedicated protection for utility distribution and industrial applications
- The REM610 handles fault conditions during motor startup, normal operation, idling and cooling down at standstill. The key features of the motor IED include thermal overload protection, cumulative motor startup supervision, running stall protection, earth-fault protection, and loss-of-phase protection. Furthermore, the thermal overload protection function can be enhanced with an optional RTD module for direct temperature measurement.
- REM610 supports a wide range of standard communication protocols, including IEC 61850, IEC 60870-5-103, Modbus®, Profibus, SPA and LON.