UniPack-G - Compact Secondary Substation in GRP enclosure
ABB’s electrical equipment expertise combined with the convenience of a cutting edge housing material, glass fiber reinforced polyester
The new UniPack-G types of secondary substations are designed based on a Glass fiber Reinforced Polyester (GRP) enclosure material that provides the strength and durability of concrete with
better characteristics than steel. The units safely integrate ABB medium voltage switchgear, ABB transformers and ABB low voltage equipment. The UniPack-G is Smart Grid ready and can be custom engineered for utility and industry customers.
Congested city centers and remote locations are challenging for equipment transportation and installation. UniPack-G is suited for metropolitan areas and rural locations.
- Internal arc type tested for highest safety
- Decreased logistical cost, easy and fast installation
- Strong and rigid
- Modular design
- Increased corrosion resistance
- High resistance against cold, heat and fire
- Natural ventilation of UniPack-G provides efficient cooling
- Electronically transparent
- Smart grid functionality levels
- UniPack-G is environment friendly solution