Community Energy Storage (CES) system
Load balancing between phases of 3 phase inverter, dynamic power control (P), dynamic reactive power control (Q) and island mode.
The main components of this system, which are housed in separate enclosures, are the ABB ESI-S inverter and five batteries. The inverter communicates with the utility and controls the performance of the overall system. The batteries charge and discharge based on autonomous commands from the inverter.
- Improves load factor
- Lowers power charges and cost of energy
- Allows participating in capacity markets as a dispatchable resource
- Helps control the amount of reactive power flowing through the grid
- Enables DC fast charging without increasing demand charges
- Supports residential and commercial loads during power outages
- Peak shaving
- Load shifting
- Voltage regulation
- Renewable integration
- Back-up power