COM600F is a versatile substation automation, feeder automation, and data management unit. Together with protection and control relays and other communication devices, it enables smart solutions for utility or industrial medium-voltage distribution substations. COM600F performs the combined role of a user interface, a communication gateway, and an automation platform in a single physical unit to facilitate substation operations and data management. Optional algorithms provide intelligent feeder automation including self-healing networks.
The COM600F unit accommodates web-technology-based functionality, which provides access to substation devices and processes via a web-browser-based human machine interface (HMI). All standard substation monitoring and control aspects can be handled using the web HMI."
- Substation automation, feeder automation, and data management unit for utility or industrial medium-voltage distribution substations
- Offers full-function SCADA capabilities for small utilities including alarms, events recording, and historical data collection
- Provides intelligent feeder automation
- Better value for investments through substation device integration based on native IEC 61850 or most other commonly used communication standards and legacy protocols
- Two mounting styles available: subplate mount for switchgear applications and 19 inch rack mount for substation control house installation
- Scalable, enabling the purchase of only the required features; additional functions can be added via license keys as needed; no factory upgrade required
- User level and operational security to ensure operational reliability
- Web-browser-based human-machine interface (HMI) for access to substation devices and processes with disturbance file handling, historian, and IEC 61850 traffic monitoring capability
- Seamless connectivity between substation devices and external higher-level systems like control centers or DCS using IEC 60870-5, DNP3, Modbus, or OPC-based protocols
- Connects to legacy devices and can act as an IEC 61850 proxy
- Facilitates the development of customized substation automation tasks based on IEC 61131-3
- Compact, robust design, ruggedized mechanics with no moving parts, well adapted for harsh environments
- Faster project execution enabled by preinstalled software and offline configuration through another computer