The SafePlus AirPlus portfolio, covering 24kV applications, is based on AirPlusTM technology as insulation medium.
The SafePlus with AirPlus insulation gas is the world’s first eco-efficient compact switchgear with a new gas molecule. It is an eco-efficient SF6 alternative for medium voltage and combines the same compact dimensions and advantages of established SafePlus switchgear with a Global Warming Potential (GWP) of less than 1.
For the eco-efficient switchgear portfolio, ABB has developed a new SF6-free load break switch based on a puffer interrupter technology. This new technology replaces the vacuum interrupter technology used in the C-module of SafeRing and SafePlus eco-efficient switchgear. The new load break switch will function both as a load break switch and disconnector switch, in one single operation. It will further be in series with a two-position earthing switch, which will simplify the operating sequence of the C-module.
The switchgear design is based on the existing SafeRing/SafePlus portfolio, offering an advantage to the end users with the same user interface and footprint.
SafePlus AirPlus is a completely sealed system with a stainless steel tank containing all live parts and switching functions. A sealed tank with constant atmospheric conditions ensures a high level of reliability as well as personnel safety and a virtually maintenance-free system.The SafePlus AirPlus is the most compact solution on the market, which makes it ideal for utility, compact secondary substation (CSS), light industry, buildings and infrastructure applications.
- Gas-insulated compact switchgear SafePlus AirPlus 24kV, 630A
- AirPlus insulation gas with a Global Warming Potential (GWP) < 1
- True GIS design: Protected from ambient conditions by sealed gas compartment
- Easy replacement: Same compact dimensions as the proven SafePlus with SF6 insulation
- Smart grid enabled
- High personnel safety with internal arc proof design
- High flexibility with increasing range of features
- No SF6 inside: AirPlus insulation gas as eco-efficient alternative for networks up to 24kV
- Compact design with small footprint and low physical weight
- Independent from ambient conditions
- Maintenance-free solution
- Low filling pressure as known from SafeRing with SF6
- Available with sensor technology and digital communication options