The Synchronous reluctance motor (SynRM) has become commercially viable as a high efficiency alternative to the induction motor in recent years. The core idea of a SynRM motor is that the rotor has no windings or magnets, just electric steel plates stacked together to form a rotor package. Unlike in an induction motor, a SynRM rotor has no induced current and thus no losses. This makes SynRM the perfect combination of simplicity and efficiency.
Key benefits of Synchronous reluctance motors
ABB Synchronous reluctance motors are the respond to global megatrends. Climate change and environmental responsibility are driving huge changes across all industries.
- Reduce your environmental impact by using less electricity and reducing CO2 emissions.
- Improve your sustainability by meeting current and future efficiency standards and by increasing efficiency and productivity.
- Increase your reliability and ensure the most sustainable and long-lasting performance by minimizing motor failures and downtime.
- Improve the quality of your production by accurate torque and speed control
- Upgrade your retrofits by replacing standard induction motors in any industrial application