On April 8th 2014,
Microsoft ended support for the Windows XP system in order to focus on services for more modern technologies. This will impact ABB customers using MicroSCADA Pro on systems running Windows XP.
On July 14th 2015,
Microsoft ended support for the Windows Server 2003 system in order to focus on services for more modern technologies. This will impact ABB customers using MicroSCADA Pro on systems running Windows Server 2003.
To avoid potential security issues caused by these operating systems, we encourage you to upgrade to the latest version of MicroSCADA Pro and benefit from enhanced security features and new functionality. These improvements offer an additional opportunity to move away from the now obsolete Windows operating system platforms. The compatibility of MicroSCADA Pro products with supported operating systems and the latest Microsoft security updates and service packs is tested and verified monthly by ABB. The test results can be found from MicroSCADA Pro Portal website.
Maintain operations, reduce security risks and maximize availability of existing systems
ABB’s upgrade will enable you to maintain continuous operations, reduce security risks and maximize the availability of existing MicroSCADA Pro systems. The benefits include:
- Peace of mind
- Reduced vulnerability to cyber security threats, since regular fixes for found vulnerabilities will continue
- Protection against local threats such as USB drives and infected files will remain
- The development of new software and drivers in line with advancing Windows-based operating systems will continue
In conjunction with the upgrade benefits, MicroSCADA Pro takes advantage of the following new functionalities:
- The best possible cyber security
- Tagout function for improved safety
- Major performance and capacity increases
- PRP redundancy (IEC 61850)
- Historian option
Contact your local ABB sales or service team to upgrade MicroSCADA Pro and your Windows operating system.