The new professional ABB Ability™ Installer for solar inverters mobile app allows installers of large-scale solar plants to complete the commissioning of multiple inverters in a very fast and intuitive way.
This mobile app allows a single installer to finalize the configuration of up to 50 inverters at a time by using any standard WLAN enabled mobile device with a total time saving of up to 80% of commissioning time.
ABB Ability™ Installer for solar inverters allows installers to perform operations in a very intuitive way, such as: commissioning the entire plant, update the Firmware of all selected inverters, automatically assign RS-485 and Ethernet addresses, configure Export Limitation functions at plant level and much more.
The installer needs just to download the app on its own Android or iOS device, access to it by using a valid Aurora Vision® account and go through the following process:
- Scan QR codes of the inverters to configure
- Select the inverters to add to the configuration list
- Select the operation to perform on selected inverters
The access to the inverter settings is secured by a centralized management of the account and the performance of any operation is fail safe thanks to an intelligent configuration wizard that guides the installer to properly set any parameters.
ABB Ability™ Installer for solar inverters
makes the configuration of a modern solar plant with ABB smart inverters easy, quick and safe.
- Supports iOS (version 8.x or greater) and Android (version 4.x or greater) devices
- Leverages wireless and mobile device (like smartphone and tablet)
- Inverter claiming via QR code scanning or Wi-Fi SSID network selection
- Configures up to 50 inverters at a time
- Automatic assigning of RS-485 slave ID or static / dynamic IP address
- Updates FW of solar assets
- Allows setting up Export Limitation functionality