BORDLINE® BC for all rail applications
The new highly compact battery charger of the series BORDLINE BC complements ABB's large stand-alone auxiliary converter and battery charger product family and is compatible with all types of train batteries. BORDLINE BC employs ABB's well proven modular platform design incorporating silicon carbide (SiC) power semiconductors. This translates into dramatically reduced size, weight, cooling requirements and increased system efficiency, all critical factors for rail operators.
Key product features
- High power density and compact design
- Built with silicon carbide (SiC) power semiconductors
- Three phase AC voltage input
- Flexible installation on standard 19-inch rack or integration in any other on-board equipment
- Scalable power through parallel operation
- High efficiency and consequentially energy savings and low life cycle cost due to SiC and resonant switching technology
- Design of high reliability
- Plug & play connections
- CAN interface for configuration and diagnosis (Train Real Time Data Protocol optional)
For further technical details, please refer to the data sheet in the download section.