The integration experts from ABB offer control systems for all gas turbine types and manufacturers. Starting at the heart of a combined cycle power plant or a simple cycle power plant, ABB can completely integrate the control system for your gas turbine into a complete plant control solution. Regardless of how simple or complex your specific control need is, ABB has integration experts that can deliver the economical, reliable and safe solution you are looking for.
ABB’s gas turbine application experience includes peaking units, combined cycle units, remote start units, and black start units. Our solutions are designed to meet the needs of all major gas turbine manufacturers, such as Alstom, Siemens, G.E., Westinghouse, Pratt & Whitney, Ansaldo, Rolls Royce, Hitachi, etc
ABB is able to provide all required gas turbine control and protection functions utilizing the very same ABB DCS platform that controls the rest of the plant. The typical gas turbine functions implemented include fuel control, startup sequence, speed-load-temperature closed loop control, overspeed protection, anti-surge protection, generator protection, auxiliary control, condition monitoring, auto-synchronization, excitation, frequency control, etc.
- Open control system (no black boxes) designed to allow owners to take full ownership of their asset
- Single vendor, tightly integrated and cost effective solution for all turbine functions
- High speed governor (< 20 msecs)
- Fully integrated SIL3 rated overspeed protection solution
- Strong investment and focus on research and development of turbine specific technology