ABB designed multiple passive FT-IR radiometers based on high-resolution Fourier-Transform spectrometry for spaceborne applications. Today, ABB technology is used in various satellites for remote sensing applications such as:
- Earth observation;
- Atmospheric sounding.
.In spacecraft, ABB FT-IR radiometers are used to detect, identify and quantify each distinct species of gas in our atmosphere, based on the characteristics of their respective IR signatures.
For over four decades, ABB has dominated the market by offering a comprehensive portfolio of highly reliable, rugged and field-proven FT-IR spectroradiometers used for various remote sensing applications.
20 years ago, ABB introduced the MR-Series FT-IR spectroradiometer for defense and atmospheric research organizations. There are now over 150 instruments routinely used throughout the world.
MR-Series spectroradiometers have earned an excellent reputation based on:
- Exceptionally high radiometric reproducibility;
- Wavelength accuracy;
- High sensitivity;
- High spectral resolution;
- Field operation reliability.
The new MR-i
The MR-i is built from the same proven technology and 4-port FT-IR configuration as used in the MR-Series spectroradiometers. ABB incorporated all the lessons learned and experience gained from the MR series when developing the new MR-i hyperspectral imaging spectroradiometer. This new spectroradiometer includes:
- Newly developed acquisition and post-processing software modules;
- State-of-the-art IR cameras;
- Improved optical configuration adapted for best imaging performances;
- Our latest digitalization algorithms (time sampling).