The MR170 is similar as the MR304 but with lower measurement rate capabilities, and with the FOV response homogeneity not being characterized at time of delivery. It is a high performance spectral measurement instrument with moderate time resolution and high sensitivity designed for stationary or slow evolving phenomena (stable scenes that will fill the instrument FOV).
This spectroradiometer is a very precise and robust solution for the following uses:
- Surface emissivity study and material classification
- Characterization of background infrared signatures
- Detection of toxic and pollutant gases
- Atmospheric sounding
The high accuracy and stability has made the MR170 the reference for infrared spectral measurements of clear sky radiance, characterization of the spectral radiative forcing from clouds, thermodynamic research, aerosols study, and weather forecasting. Configured as an ABB AERI system it provides autonomous humidity and temperature atmospheric profiles with outstanding accuracy.
The systems consist of a FTIR spectroradiometer with two input and two output ports. The system features simultaneous data acquisition from the two output ports (configured with liquid nitrogen cooled MCT and InSb detectors). One input port is used to fix a reference cancellation source. The other input port is designed to receive an input telescope and a viewing device. The MR170 provides a sound radiometric solution at a comprehensive price.
- The MR304-LN is equipped with liquid nitrogen (LN2) cooled detectors.
- The MR304-SC is equipped with Stirling cooled detectors.
- The MR170 is equipped with liquid nitrogen (LN2) cooled detectors
Modularity to address various targets
Various options are possible with the spectroradiometers to cover a broad range of needs. Spectral range can be configured to cover long to near infrared regions and tailored for application needs. A range of telescopes is available to cover the range of applications from near to far field of views.
Both MR304 and MR170 spectroradiometers feature the following accessories:
- Computer control spectral resolution adjustment up to 1 cm–1
- Dual MCT / InSb cryogenic detectors for the simultaneous LWIR, MWIR, SWIR and NIR spectral coverage
- Photovoltaic MCT and InSb detectors with linear response function provide constant spectroradiometer radiometric instrument response function
- Each detector is equipped with a variable field stop aperture and filter holder
- Telescopes, viewing devices and tripod are available to optimize experimental measurement of various scenarios
The secret of the MR Series versatility is based on its ability to be configured with a vast choice of modular assemblies and accessories. ABB will help you configure your system to meet the special requirements of your most demanding applications.
=> Consult the MR Series Brochure to see complete specifications and instrument details.