XIO - a path forward to the future
Connectivity made easy
The XIO sets a new standard for control, automation and measurement solutions, dedicated to upstream Oil & Gas applications. This new solution provides remote expansion for both brownfield and greenfield flow computers and RTUs. It also allows operators to improve their performance by reducing their operational spend, decreasing expansion downtime, and increasing communication expansion across the field.
The XIO provides the flexibility to expand not just I/O, but also field connectivity and interoperability in the same device. With the unique ability to easily integrate with ABB controllers without limiting the customer, the XIO can also integrate with third party devices.
The new XIO is a solution that can also easily integrate with existing devices via Modbus. The base unit of the XIO can be simply programmed at any time to add more I/O options, creating optimal flexibility.
Innovative solutions of the XIO
- The Wi-Fi bridge, Wi-Fi client mode, and USB options provide optimal device management, locally or at a distance.
- 12 and 24 vdc external power eliminates the need for additional components and reduces installation costs.
- 22 hot pluggable IO modules (additions or replacements) can be added to the XIO without power interruption, making it easy for the technician to see a non-working module, quickly replace it, and immediately confirm that a replacement is working.
- New switch capabilities allow the network to expand beyond the RMC and XIO, with each network segment capable of lengths up to 100 meters.
- 4 Ethernet ports allow for different network configurations, and the 8 serial communication ports give the XIO the most serial capacity on any ABB upstream product.
- Auto-discovery services make setup convenient and easy for XIO devices and applications on the network.
- Ethernet to serial passthrough application integrates seamlessly and effortlessly with the RMC and provides the easy addition of more serial ports in the field with minimal configuration steps.
Learn more about the XIO! Explore the Downloads section below for the XIO data sheet, brochure, operating instructions, and more.