In addition to robots ABB manufactures and supplies robot software, peripheral equipment, process equipment, modular manufacturing cells and services for tasks such as Welding, Material Handling, Small Parts Assembly, Painting & Finishing, Picking, Packing, Palletizing and Machine Tending.
Key markets include automotive, plastics, metal fabrication, foundry, solar, consumer electronics, wood, machine tools, pharmaceutical and food and beverage industries. A strong solutions focus helps manufacturers improve productivity, product quality and worker safety. ABB has installed more than 300,000 robots worldwide:
- Complete supplier of robot products, systems and services
- More than 4,600 employees in 53 countries around the world
- Over 300,000 ABB robots are installed world wide
- Introduced the first paint robot in 1969 and the first commercially available, micro-processor controlled, electric robot in 1974
- Facilities for research, development and manufacturing located in Sweden, Czech Republic, Norway, Mexico, Japan, USA and China