The FlexGripper - Claw is a simple plug-and-play extension to the ABB IRB 460 or IRB 660 palletizing robots for high-speed bag palletizing applications. Stainless steel parts make it perfect for use even in the harshest conditions.
The IRB 660 and the compact IRB 460 palletizing robots can be made even more effective for bag palletizing applications with the addition of the FlexGripper-Claw. Ideal for use in even the harshest conditions involving chemicals and salt, the FlexGripper-Claw can handle bag weights up to 50 kilograms and varying bag shapes and contents - from rice to gravel, and from plastic to cement.
Easy to integrate, easy to use
The FlexGrippers are easy to install and program. The robot HMI, FlexPendant, comes pre-configured with FlexGripper input/ouput signals which greatly reduces both set up and programming time. And the graphical user interface simplifies the testing of palletizing routines. For example, a FlexGripper pickand-place test can be carried out with just a single click.
Faster, more accurate programming
ABB’s range of palletizing robots and FlexGrippers are also fully supported by the RobotStudio Palletizing PowerPac. This user-friendly, PC based software, comes pre-configured with all ABB robots and gripper models. It allows users who have little or no robot programming experience to create programs and simulations, and design complete palletizing installations. This enables a palletizing system to be configured rather than programmed, and saves up to 80 percent in commissioning time.
Speed and precision
The FlexGripper-Claw uses pressure plates to ensure the bags are moved with speed and precision. It comes complete with all air hoses and signal cables and is ready to plug-and-play on your chosen robot model.
Unrivalled experience and global support
With more than 30 years of experience in the palletizing sector, ABB has sales and service organization in 53 countries and over a 100 locations.
Features and benefits
- For high speed bag palletizing up to 50 kg payloads.
- Pneumatically actuated mechanism to clamp a bag from the sides for easier control and better palletizing pattern.
- Bag centering plates provided with 100 mm adjusting stroke for different bag heights.
- Clamp pads that contact the top of the bag to hold it in position.
- Product contacting parts made in stainless steel
- Completely assembled with hoses and cables and ready to plug and play.
- Graphical User Interface (GUI) provided on robot FlexPendant for easy gripper setup, tuning, and production monitoring.