DC traction feeder transformers are used to feed rectifiers from normal three-phase AC networks. Rectifiers supply DC current to a catenary or third rail.
Due to high currents and performance guarantees, DC traction feeder transformers are normally closely integrated with rectifiers. Therefore, they are specially designed and fitted together to match with the connection of the rectifier.
- High voltage: up to 400 kV
- Current: up to 5000 A
- Power ratings: ≤ 1000 kVA (tram supply), ≤ 2000 kVA (metro supply) and 2000 - 8000 kVA (train supply with high currents)
- Typical DC voltages: 3 kV, 1.5 kV, 0.75 kV DC, and 0.6 W DC
- 6-, 12- or 24-pulse connections
- High quality manufacturing and design optimization supports required short circuit withstand capability
- Global manufacturing footprint provides expertise on specific local technical requirements and standards