Isolation transformers are special transformers, which are used to isolate the AC network from the DC leakage currents caused by DC rails in close proximity of AC rails.
Due to the DC immunity requirements, an air gapped core design is needed in the isolation transformers. Therefore, strong test system is required in the factory. A lightning impulse test is always done as a routine test.
- Typical voltage: 25/25 kV or 16/16 kV
- Power rating: up to 10 MVA
- Single-phase transformers
- Compactly designed, low weight transformers
- High quality manufacturing and design optimization supports required short circuit withstand capability
- Global manufacturing footprint provides expertise on specific local technical requirements and standards