Ground-mounted distribution transformers are used to step down three-phase high voltage to low voltage for energy distribution, mainly in metropolitan areas and for industrial applications.
In standard versions they are three-phase hermetically sealed, free breathing with/without conservator type, and can be installed both outdoor and indoor.
Flexible corrugated tank walls or radiators enable sufficient cooling of the transformer and compensate for changes in the oil volume due to temperature variations during operation.
Larger ground-mounted transformer can also be supplied with on-load tap changer (OLTC).
- Rated power: up to 10,000 kVA
- Rated voltage: up to 36 kV
- Cooling type: ONAN / ONAF / ODAF
- Available fluids: mineral oil and ester fluids (natural and synthetic)
- ABB utilizes a focus factory concept which leads to great experience in specific products giving a very high level of consistency in design, manufacture and test
- ABB has the biggest library of type tested designs
- All ABB distribution transformers factories utilize the common design platform giving us best in class experience, consistency and repeatability
- ABB has more distribution transformer factories than any other supplier, meaning we are always close to your project destination
- ABB utilizes best in class manufacturing and quality processes to ensure that our transformers will meet the most stringent requirements
- ABB has the widest portfolio of distribution transformer products meaning that our experience in providing solutions to challenging requirements is unrivalled
- ABB leads the supply base in technological advancement with our Green-R-Trafo products