ABB has launched the world’s first digital distribution transformer to meet the needs of today’s evolving grid. TXpertTM turns insights into actions by providing valuable information on how the transformer and grid are operating. It measures, stores and analyzes key parameters so customers can make informed decisions for increasing their grid reliability and reducing O&M costs.
TXpert’s sensors and industrial components are integrated with the distribution transformer during manufacturing. Its unique and fully-incorporated sensing and computing functionality ensures data accuracy that is time-synchronized to facilitate both inference and predictive analytics.
The TXpert is built upon an expandable digital platform for installing future analytics and remaining relevant over time. It is also flexible to support a wide range of customer and software tools for viewing TXpert’s data and analytics. It has built-in Wi-Fi, wired Ethernet or cellular connection options for simple access to your encrypted data without interrupting transformer operations.
- Liquid-filled distribution transformers
- 300 kVA to 10 MVA
- Up to 36 kV
- ANSI and IEC standards
- Applications: utilities, renewables, oil & gas, industrial and data centers
- Integrated solution built into the transformer as opposed to a cumbersome attachment
- Capitalized expense (CAPEX) vs. expense on existing operational equipment (OPEX)
- No additional wiring, hardware, or software required
- Time-synched data allows for trending analytics (inference and predictive)
- Digital platform that can be accessed while still online
- Built-in Wi-Fi, Ethernet or cellular options available
- Flexible configuration supports viewing data through customer's existing communication tools
- Part of ABB AbilityTM