An earthing transformer is usually associated with three-phase supply systems.
On a three-phase system, the neutral would be earthed either directly or through some limiting impedance / resistance. When the neutral point is not available or does not exist with a delta secondary winding of the transformer, a neutral point needs to be created. This is the purpose of the earthing transformer, which could consist of a zig- zag winding, or a two-winding star delta transformer where the star winding of correct voltage supplies an accessible neutral point when connected to the supply system.
- Up to 2 MVA
- High voltage up to 36 kV
- Low voltage up to 0.69 kV
- Classes E2, E3, C2, F1
- Frequencies: 50 Hz, 60 Hz and 16 2/3 Hz
- Cooling: AN / ANAN / ANAF
- Insulation system temperature: F and H
- Partial discharges <10 pC
- Protection degree: IP00 - IP54
- Respectful with people and property
- Powerful engineering and ABB design
- Customized solutions for all customers