For complete peace of mind
As essential elements in the power grid, transformers continue to face challenges due to ever-increasing complexity of modern energy demand.
As the world leaders in transformers, ABB has responded to these challenges by launching the world's first digital dry-type or oil-free transformer, the ABB AbilityTM TXpertTM Dry.
TXpertTM Dry is a result of unique synergy between the digital expertise of ABB AbilityTM platform and the proven technology and safety of dry-type transformers. These transformers only use air for cooling and non-flammable solid dielectrics for insulation; eliminating concerns of fires, leaks or environmental hazards that come from using oils.
TXpertTM Dry is equipped with an array of sensors that collate data and convert it into actionable analytics by providing valuable information on how the transformer and grid are operating. Users are thus enabled to make informed decisions for reducing outage, increasing up-time and reducing operational cost and effort.
The TXpertTM Dry is built upon an expandable digital platform for installing future analytics that will allow it to remain relevant throughout the transformer’s lifetime. It has built-in Wi-Fi and wired Ethernet options for simple access to locally stored, encrypted data without interrupting transformer operations. Moreover, it has push notifications and advance warnings of potential hazards, thereby preventing equipment damage and ensuring a long lifespan.
With its dry-type design, digitalization and little or zero maintenance, the ABB AbilityTM TXpertTM Dry offers enhanced safety and data security, increased up-time and optimized operations for complete ‘Peace of Mind’.
- Oil-free dry-type digital transformers
- 300 kVA to 30 MVA
- Secondary voltages up to 1,000 V
- ANSI and IEC standard compliant
- Multi-layer cybersecurity
- Indoor & Outdoor application
- First of its kind in the world
- Oil-free operations and no risk of fire or spillage
- Reduces unplanned outages and shortens planned outages
- Remote monitoring with wired and wireless connectivity
- Interactive GUI for ease of use in the field
- Inference and predictive analytics
- Flexibility of data usage with export in simple format
- On-board data storage with multiple levels of encryption
- Very little or no maintenance at all
- Increased productivity and profitability
Why ABB ?
- Respectful with people and property
- 130 years of experience in manufacturing transformers
- State-of-the-art dry transformer technology
- More than 40,000 dry-type transformers operating all around the globe
- Custom-made solution to withstand physical and operating constraints
- Global and comprehensive support network, providing 24/7 assistance and service