ABB is a pioneering technology leader that works closely with utilities, industry, transportation and infrastructure customers to write the future and realize true value in roughly 100 countries. Our strong commitment to innovation has led us to achieve industry new levels in voltage and power, digitalization, sustainability and safety. All our manufacturing facilities are held to the highest accredited quality standards and product certifications.
ABB Outdoor Air Core Reactors (OACR) utilize a construction that provides the highest levels of mechanical strength and environmental protection. This advanced construction includes a vacuum impregnation process using a unique Class H epoxy resin, a dedicated oven-curing cycle to give the reactor additional mechanical strength, and a final coating with special protective varnish to shield against UV and corrosive elements.
This construction has been used with reactors for over 40 years with thousands of installations. Completely sealed windings make this construction suitable to be installed in the most severe outdoor environmental conditions. Proven and dedicated mechanical design grants excellent performances against electrodynamic forces due to short circuit currents and wind caused vibration and stress. Almost maintenance free and large safety factors in electrical and thermal design limits ensure more than 30 years life expectancy.
- Up to 36 kV (IEC) and 46 kV (ANSI/IEEE)
- Max rated current higher than 4000A
- ·-40°C < T ambient < +60°C
- Harmonic Filter, Shunt, TCR, Current Limiting, inrush damping and many other applications
- Single phase or 3-phase (side-by-side, delta or stacked)
- Pollution up to very heavy (acc. IEC 60815-1)
- Seismic construction as per IEEE693 and IEC 62271-300
- Proprietary construction for proven protection system
- Large safety factor in electrical and thermal design limits
- Weatherproof design suitable for all outdoor environments
- UV and corrosion resistant overcoating
- Proven mechanical design to manage electrodynamic forces, vibrations and stress due to wind.