CoreSenseTM M10 provides real-time, continuous, online monitoring of dissolved gas and moisture levels in transformer oil. It accurately measures nine gases: hydrogen, methane, acetylene, ethylene, ethane, carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, propane and propene.
Dissolved gas readings are used to provide early identification and warnings for most transformer faults; whereas moisture monitoring can prevent premature aging of a unit. Early identification and detection of such incipient faults thereby allow you to take preemptive measures, when needed and avoid expensive outages.
CoreSenseTM M10 minimizes the risks of oil leaks and simplifies the installation by using a single flange and limiting oil circulation to the sample head.
CoreSenseTM M10 is designed for at least 10 years of maintenance free operation with no consumables. Thanks to its field proven Fourier Transform Infrared spectrometer (FTIR) and industrial grade design, the CoreSenseTM M10 will not drift over time and does not require any carrier or calibration gases. It reduces risks of oil leaks with a simple pump-less oil circuit limited to the measuring head and uses built-in redundancies for reliable maintenance free operation. CoreSenseTM M10 can survive in harsh outdoor conditions with temperature extremes from -50 to +55C, and corrosive conditions and can operate under one meter (3 feet) of water.
- Continuous online dissolved gas monitoring, with advanced interpretation tools.
- Easy installation – right out of the box
- No oil circulation loop outside the sample head
- Built-in redundancy – no consumables for 10 years
- Space and field proven FTIR technology
- When you choose a monitoring solution from ABB you are benefiting from over 100 years of experience in transformers
- ABB has you covered in over 100 countries worldwide
- ABB combined the sensor expertise from its industrial automation division with the transformer knowhow from its power division to create the most robust and reliable multigas DGA sensor on the market