ABB's liquid-filled, pressure-compensated subsea transformers are rated for depths up to 3000 meters.
They reduce the high voltage to levels than can be used by pumps, motors and compressors, while providing reliable performance and cost benefits.
Deep sea equipment sets a high benchmark in terms of technology and solutions. ABB started developing the technology in the mid-1980s, and introduced the first subsea transformer in 1999. ABB’s subsea transformers are engineered to provide superior performance and cost benefits for subsea rotating equipment located far from a power supply. Over the last decade, we have supplied around twenty subsea transformers.
ABB remains the world’s leading manufacturer of subsea transformers capable of delivering reliable power underwater with minimal losses.
- Voltage: up to 145 kV AC
- Current: up to 900 A
- Water depth: up to 3000 meters
- ABB is an innovator for subsea electrical solutions since 1984
- First commercial subsea transformer installed in 1998
- ABB's subsea transformers are engineered to provide highest performance and cost benefit for offshore developments
- ABB's subsea transformers provide all the power needed in a safe reliable manner