ABB’s RESIBLOC® Rail dry-type transformer is the breakthrough oil-free traction transformer. This technology has been relied upon for decades in high demanding applications such as marine vessels, offshore oil & gas, underground mining and many other extreme environments. RESIBLOC® transformers are known and utilized for their incredible strength, durability and high performance. ABB is now bringing this safe and trusted technology to the world of traction propulsion systems.
Dry-type transformers ensure complete protection of people, property and the surrounding environment. With the additional benefits of removed oil-pumps and zero chance of leakages, the RESIBLOC Rail transformer can perform nearly maintenance-free operation and 45% reduced winding losses at the same weight as traditional units.
- Air-cooled and oil-free
- Environmentally friendly according to BGI 655
- Successfully shock and vibration tested according to IEC 61373
- Designed according to fire protection standard EN 45545
- No risk of oil spill or leakage
- Almost maintenance free
- Suitable for operation in extreme environment up to -60o celcius
Why ABB ?
- 130 years of experience in manufacturing transformers
- Highest level of safety with significantly lower fire potenial
- Operating energy costs of trains reduced by up to 10%
- CO2 emissions reduced up to 38 tons per train per year
- Technology validation over several years and more than 20 million kilometers