ABB has an unrivalled track record, having manufactured several thousand traction transformers that are in operation around the world today.
In cities around the world commuters rely on the high performance of ABB’s traction transformers to reliably power their travel, quietly, and efficiently, while they prepare for another day at work.
Now more than ever, ABB can provide a level of technical experience that facilitates the delivery of traction transformer technology regardless of the constraints faced by commuter train suppliers.
- Power: 1,000 - 2,500 kVA
- Network: 25 kV/50 Hz; 15 kV/16 2/3 Hz; 1.5 kV DC; 3 kV DC
- Insulating fluid: ester and mineral
- Insulation class: A, Hybrid, F and H
Accessories: cooling system, pumps and oil flow indicator, oil level detector, overpressure valve, PT100 for thermal control, thermostat, filling and draining valves, relay Buchholz, current measurement
- Weight: 2,500 - 4,500 kg
- Size (L x I x H): 2 x 2.5 x 600 m - 2.6 x 2.5 x 0.8 m / 1.3 x 0.9 x 2 m (machine room)
- Assembly on vehicle: under frame, roof mounted and machine room
- Tank material: steel, low and high temperature steel or aluminium