ABB's liquid-filled transformers are ideal solution for onshore and offshore wind applications. Their reliable, energy-efficient and compact construction is well suited for installation in wind turbine towers or nacelles
As turbine size increases for offshore (8 MW and above), turbine transformers must remain compact and lightweight with a minimal footprint, while also meeting specific application needs, mechanical structural constraints and costs.
Based on 36 kV class established solution for large offshore turbine, ABB has developed a transformer able to step up voltage at world record of 66 kV and meet the most stringent electrical and mechanical requirements. With its so-called WindSTAR transformer, ABB is bringing step change in the scale of power and voltage.
- Available for 36 and 72.5 kV class
- Available for power rating superior to 10 MVA
- Modular, compact and lightweight solution
- World’s leading manufacturer of 66 kV wind turbine transformers for the world’s most powerful offshore wind turbines
- Best-in class solution to withstand sudden variable loading and typical extreme environmental events of offshore conditions
- ABB's turbine transformers are specially designed to meet the specific application needs
- Estimated installed base of more than 1,000 units worldwide
- Key actor in international technical standard publication and in the forefront in developing new requirements for transformers
- Specialized service team for onshore as well as offshore interventions