Safety and reliability are essential to the operation of power transformers. For the past 60 years oil-filled, paper insulated condenser bushings have been applied on power transformers. While they have faithfully served their purpose, ensuring the safe and reliable operation of these bushings can be time consuming and costly. Typical concerns voiced by users include damage or outage due to vandalism or attack, porcelain shards damaging equipment or injuring people, catastrophic fire, oil leaks, and flashover due to contamination.
The solution for the ANSI/IEEE market is the O Plus Dry™ bushing. ABB's O Plus Dry bushing meets or exceeds IEEE standards. It uses no paper and no porcelain and contains no oil. It is less fragile than porcelain bushings and lighter in weight. It uses HTV silicone rubber weather sheds, which are hydrophobic and self-cleaning even in highly polluted environments.
- Voltage: 25-230 kV
- Current: ≤ 3000 A
- Technology: Resin impregnated synthetic (RIS)
- Reduced maintenance needs
- No oil and no porcelain
- Explosion resistant
- Fire retardant
- Hydrophobic and self-cleaning
- ABB is the only supplier to deliver local responsiveness
- We offer the most advanced oil-free and paper-free solutions
- Utilization of superior HTV silicone rubber technology for outdoor insulation