Filament wound components are made of electrical grade fiberglass, reinforced with epoxy resin using a wet filament winding technique. The whole unique process enables the manufacturing of one piece tailored glass fiber composite tube up to 15 m. And it ensure excellent insulating properties and high resistance to chemicals, heat and fire.
ABB offers filament wound components for different applications in different dimensions and length.
- Almost 100 years of experience in composite insulation
- More than 100,000 insulators installed around the globe
- Material excellence
- Cylinders for tap-changers
- Cylinders for shunt reactors
- Cylinders for industrial applications